Friday 18 July 2014

Review: Sleek Makeup's Bare Skin Foundation

Harrow pretty earthlings!

A few weeks ago I ordered some goodies from Sleek Makeup and one of the products was their new Bare Skin Foundation (link here!). The shade that I picked was Bamboo as it looked like the perfect shade for me as seen from the website. The foundation is said to:

  • Provide light to medium, buildable coverage
  • Conceal blemishes and imperfections Innovative formula evens out skin tone
  • Have advanced moisturising properties help to keep skin nourished
  • Be light base feels weightless, allowing skin to breathe
  • Instantly enhance and illuminate skin


When I first got it, I was little bumped out because the foundation looked a little darker in real life than it is displayed digitally from the website. But then again, sometimes products do look different from time to time. Below are two swatches of the foundation which look quite different from the website.



Swatch taken from the website


My swatch without white light


My swatch with white light


Tonight, I'm going out for a dinner so I decided to give the foundation a try, though I thought it would be a little too dark for me. I opted for a light look and here are the products that I used.



  • Sleek Makeup Bare Skin Foundation
  • Garnier BB eye roll-on (to brighten under-eye circles)
  • Revlon The Lash Potion mascara
  • Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge (to apply both Bare Skin Foundation and BB eye roll-on)
I decided not to further use any products because I wanted to see how the foundation holds up. Surprisingly it matches my skin pretty well (despite from it looking a bit too dark from the bottle)! I really love the finish of it and it sure does feel very light-weight! Also, I do have normal to oily skin. Here's a picture of the foundation, without any powder-finishes or any filters.



Overall, I think the foundation lives up to what it's stated to deliver. And for only £8.99 at that! Definitely a good buy for a good price.

Hope this has helped! Gladyator signing out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About me

Instagram

Pages

recent posts

Pinterest

Flickr Images

Like us on Facebook