Tuesday 24 January 2017

✧ Mini haul and review: EX1 Cosmetics and Essence Cosmetics ✧

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

I'm back with another blogpost today! I recently purchased some EX1 Cosmetics products from a local Instagram seller, Beauty Schmeauty, which was previously known as Shoppers Droppers. I also got some Ardell lash products and rosehip oil from them previously and had written a blogpost about it. You can check that out here. I've always wanted to get myself the Invisiwear foundation after watching Jaclyn Hill talk about it in one of her many videos. So this time around, I bought exactly that and a blusher. 

I also popped by Paloma at The Mall the other day to get myself the Pure Nude highlighter from Essence Cosmetics (all thanks to the beautiful Kathleen Lights!). Well, I only intended to get only the highlighter but naturally, I ended up getting two more products which were Essence's matt matt matt long-lasting lipglosses.

Here are some pictures I took today!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
 What I got 

↬ EX1 Cosmetics Invisiwear foundation in shade 3 - BND28
↬ EX1 Cosmetics blusher in Natural Flush - BND20

I have Paloma's member card so there was 15% off for all three products!

↬ Essence Cosmetics Pure Nude highlighter - BND4.90 (BND4.20 after 15% off)
↬ Essence Cosmetics matt matt matt long-lasting lipgloss (shades Beauty - Approved & Simply Be An Icon) - BND3.90 each (BND 3.30 each after 15% off)

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Essence Cosmetics Pure Nude highlighter & EX1 blusher ↗

↬ Essence Cosmetics Pure Nude highlighter - a slight peach, champagne shimmery highlighter.
↬ EX1 Cosmetics blusher in Natural Flush - a peachy, pink shade.

Both products are pigmented and a little goes a long way. Both are also buildable.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯


Essence Cosmetics matt matt matt long-lasting lipgloss ↗

Top to bottom:
02 Beauty - Approved - a pinkish nude shade.
05 Simply Be An Icon - a red shade, with blue undertones.

 Scent
Caramel. 'Nuffsaid.

 Formula/Consistency
These have a creamy, mousse-y texture. Because of that, they highly remind me of NYX's soft matte lip creams (check out  my previous blogs on these here for part 1 and here for part 2).

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

I went out the other day and decided to use the products above to try them out.

Face/Base
↬ EX1 Cosmetics Invisiwear foundation in shade 3
↬ Urban Decay Naked concealer
↬ Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder

Contour
↬ L.A. Girl beauty brick in Spice


Blush
↬ EX1 Cosmetics Natural Flush blusher

Highlight
↬ Essence Cosmetics Pure Nude highlighter


Brows
↬ Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz in Ebony


Lashes
Shu Eumura eyelash curler

↬ Maybelline Miss Manga and Lash Sensational mascaras

Lip
↬ Essence Cosmetics matt matt matt long-lasting lipgloss (shades Beauty - Approved & Simply Be An Icon)



⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
 ☃ A little round up.. 


I was really impressed with how long-wearing the foundation and blusher were. The foundation did not pack on cakey, it looked dewy and felt really lighweight. I really liked how the blusher applied and looked natural together with the foundation as well.

The highlighter applied really easily too and is definitely buildable for a stronger payoff. Both lip products smell just like caramel, I swear! They apply nicely on the lips but I feel that they do not dry completely matte, more like semi-matte. They are not totally transfer proof and might require one or two touch-ups, depending on whether any food or drink was consumed. I had myself some matcha choux and chocolate milkshake and had to reapply a tad to the center of my lips. But with how affordable these lip products are, there is nothing much to complain because they are really good for the price range!

I hope this blogpost has helped you in a way or two! Please leave any questions or comments down below if you have any.

An advanced HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR to errbadeh!

Gladyator signin' out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About me

Instagram

Pages

recent posts

Pinterest

Flickr Images

Like us on Facebook